Education: Bachelor's Degree
Additional Qualifications: Microsoft Office, Internet, social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Sprout Social, etc., and PR tools/platforms such as Cision, Onclusive, etc.
Our account coordinators provide dedicated account and/or project team support, performing fundamental tasks such as content creation, social media, media and conference relations and reporting/analytics in the areas of public relations, digital marketing and corporate communications. This entry-level position is focused on developing the necessary skills to become a successful communications practitioner.
Duties and Responsibilities
Develop compelling content to support Stern Strategy Group and its client program implementation
- Contribute to content development: newsletters, blogs, infographics, listicles, slideshares, social, videos, award submissions, social media calendars, etc.
- Compose client reports and memos for internal review
- Draft news releases, pitch letters, briefing documents, byline articles, bios, profiles, press kit materials, etc. for internal review
- Prepare client meeting reports, status reports, clips reports, analytics reports for social media and media performance, etc.
- Monitor publications and platforms (media, social, websites, newsletters, etc.) for clients and share appropriate stories and items about clients, industry and competitors with team
Conduct media and conference outreach and follow-up, and support results generation of assigned account teams by:
- Demonstrating knowledge of and familiarity with pitching and interview scheduling
- Understanding clients’ media and/or conference/speaking targets and identifying target contacts
- Researching and maintaining conference and editorial opportunities and calendars
- Monitoring media outlets and digital platforms for coverage of client news and competitor developments
- Generating client-related story angles and content ideas
- Beginning to build relationships with journalists and conference planners, as appropriate
- Providing assistance with the logistics of events as necessary (e.g., desk side briefings, editor events, tradeshows)
- Coordinating content distribution (e.g., kits, newswires, galleys/books, newsletters)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet, social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Sprout Social, etc., and PR tools/platforms such as Cision, Onclusive, etc.
$41,000 – $44,000 annually. Actual compensation within this range will be dependent upon the individual’s skills, experience, and qualifications
Stern offers two health insurance plans, a hybrid work schedule for Iselin. NJ-based employees, life insurance, long and short-term disability benefits, 401(k) with up to a 4% match, dependent care flex spending account, self-funded dental, vision, cancer and accident, an Employee Assistance Program, funded learning opportunities, birthday off, generous PTO (pro-rated 93 hours in first year, 140 hours in second year), 10 company-paid holidays per year. All benefits are always subject to plan availability, eligibility and federal, state and local laws.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the above position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. This description is an outline of the major recurring responsibilities of the job. Other related job objectives, special assignments and less significant responsibilities typically performed by the incumbent are not included.