Locations: Iselin, NJ (Hybrid)
Are you looking for career growth opportunities without the hassle of the NYC commute? Ready to work hands-on in a B2B environment, for a mid-sized, central-NJ based-PR agency with more than 35 years of experience giving voice to Stern’s clients, using sophisticated, customized communications strategies that help them tell stories to compel their target business audiences toward action. Our core values of integrity, curiosity, tenacity, commitment, forward-thinking, collaboration, courage, respect, passion and enthusiasm are at the heart of everything we do.
PR Account Executives with 2 – 5 years’ experience have a solid understanding of clients’ business, industry and communications and marketing goals and challenges. They are responsible for day-to-day client contact, developing strong and effective working relationships with clients, and creating content and press materials of the highest standards, using persuasive ideas for outreach to journalists and conference organizers. Account Executives maintain a deep knowledge of traditional, digital and social media tactics, and proactively leverage it to garner high-quality, strategic results and meaningful opportunities (e.g., media, conferences). In addition, the application of abstract thinking and reasoning is required to connect clients’ businesses, themes and goals with timely news topics and trends to generate effective news hooks, story angles and specific media, conference and/or marketing opportunities.
Successful candidates will:
- Provide ongoing, consistently high level of strategic results, e.g. media, direct engagement, digital, etc. as determined by client goals, by developing relationships and conducting outreach with key journalists and conference planners; identify and qualify opportunities
- Understand industry issues and competitive environments that directly and indirectly affect clients
- Conduct proactive, aggressive media and conference outreach
- Develop compelling content to support program implementation
- Understand and stay current on worldly themes, news and events impacting clients’ and agency business
- Draft news releases, pitch letters, briefing documents, bylined articles, bios/profiles, press kit materials, etc.; proof and edit client-related documents as needed
- Contribute to content development, e.g., newsletters, blogs, infographics, listicles, social media, videos, etc.; show increasing skill development in one or more additional areas such as social media, digital or research
- Compose plans, memos, reports; contribute to program development
- Adapt style and voice to reflect client culture and industry
- Actively monitor and research to develop connections for clients and their audiences as well as for media/conference pitches
- Work regularly with client and provide ongoing client counsel related to specific program activities
- Participate actively in all client meetings and calls, keenly focused on providing excellent service and exceeding client expectations; establish strong rapport with clients and team
- Communicate frequently and proactively with managers on each account/project
- Balance workload between clients/projects within established deadlines
- Regularly and proactively contribute new ideas for both account teams and the agency
- Track/enter time in a precise and timely manner
- Complete projects within set parameters and consistently meet project and assignment deadlines while adapting to shifting deadlines and priorities
- Display the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage time in a consistent manner
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing or other relevant field
- 2-5 years of experience in Public Relations at least part of which is in B2B
- Demonstrated results securing frequent media opportunities and placements across a variety of media outlets
- Demonstrated results in retaining and re-signing client accounts as a direct result of work on an account
- Some experience leading account teams with successful outcomes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet, social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, etc., Cision, etc.
Commensurate with experience.
Medical with HSA, Life Insurance, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Dependent Care FSA, 401k and more.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the above position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. This description is an outline of the major recurring responsibilities of the job. Other, related job objectives, special assignments and less significant responsibilities typically performed by the incumbent are not included.