Locations: Iselin, NJ (Hybrid)
For our growing PR & Executive Communications practice, we seek an Account Executive with 1 – 3 years’ experience who has a solid understanding of public relations fundamentals with a growing skillset around our core capabilities: messaging strategy, content creation, media relations, social media and conference relations.
A successful AE at Stern is active in client relations and has a positive relationship with clients and teams, reflective of our core values: Attentiveness, Vision, Drive and Integrity.
Growing alongside a positive team led by established professionals in the field, our AEs create content and press materials of the highest standards, using persuasive ideas for outreach to journalists and conference organizers. They earn high-quality results and meaningful opportunities. In addition, creative thinking and problem-solving skills are required to connect clients with timely news topics and trends to generate effective hooks, angles and valuable opportunities to help raise visibility for clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a high level results reflective of client goals, developing relationships and conducting outreach with key journalists and conference planners
- Understand industry issues and competitive environments that directly and indirectly affect clients; Stay current on world events impacting clients’ and agency business
- Participate in team and client meetings/calls, providing excellent service and exceeding expectations; establish strong rapport with clients and team
- Set goals and show increasing skill development in areas such as social media, digital marketing, content strategy and creation, and/or research/analytics
- Balance workload between clients/projects within established deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or other relevant field
- 1-3 years of experience in Public Relations
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the above position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. This description is an outline of the major recurring responsibilities of the job. Other related job objectives, special assignments and less significant responsibilities typically performed by the incumbent are not included. To be considered, where permitted by applicable law, including any applicable reasonable accommodation, medical or religious exemption, candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine and be considered fully vaccinated by start date. For roles in Iselin, NJ, employees currently work a hybrid schedule with up to three required in-Iselin work days per week.
Wondering about our benefits?
Stern offers two health insurance plans, a hybrid work schedule for Iselin. NJ-based employees, life insurance, long and short-term disability benefits, 401(k) with up to a 4% match, dependent care flex spending account, self-funded dental, vision, cancer and accident, an Employee Assistance Program, funded learning opportunities, birthday off, generous PTO (pro-rated 93 hours in first year, 140 hours in second year), 10 company-paid holidays per year. All benefits are always subject to plan availability, eligibility and federal, state and local laws.