Locations: Iselin, NJ
Education: Bachelors Degree
Additional Qualifications: 5-10 years of demonstrated experience in an executive leadership role--e.g., management consulting
Stern Strategy Group, headquartered in Iselin, NJ, is poised for significant, organic growth and seeks to add a Principal to the executive leadership team of its Speakers and Advisory division. Stern’s Speakers and Advisory represents a roster of world-renowned authorities whose work significantly drives transformative innovation and thinking. The Principal will likewise possess a global mindset that propels innovation and thought leadership. Reporting to the owner, the successful candidate will work collaboratively with the owner and other key stakeholders of Stern Strategy Group to help shape, guide and execute business development and company strategies to measurably grow its successful speakers’ bureau and advisory practice.
- Developing and strengthening strategically significant business relationships with current and prospective speaker/advisory clients and customers seeking their services.
- Fully learning the range of advisory services and speakers in order to successfully position them as uniquely qualified for providing value to leading companies and trade groups of the world.
- Aligning growth strategy with organization’s resources and talent required for outstanding implementation.
- Engaging directly in the resolution of business management challenges and strategy execution in all areas of the agency, especially marketing and sales.
- Excelling in tactfully and firmly negotiating, securing and closing speaking engagements and advisory contracts. Overseeing accurate preparation of contractual documents for domestic and international events.
- Exploring and effectively leveraging company technologies, including HubSpot (CRM).
- Setting agreed upon targets for achieving growth through new business development while also leveraging existing relationships and booked engagements for on-going profitability and growth.
Salary will be based on numerous factors, including qualifications and experience, competitive, market-based data and our benefits package together with a performance-based variable incentive
- Position relevant Bachelor’s degree (for example, Business Administration, etc.)
- 5 – 10 years of demonstrated experience in an executive leadership role– e.g., management consulting.
Other qualifications we’re seeking in a candidate
- Proven track record of strategy development, innovation breakthroughs and market positioning, problem-solving in a highly collaborative environment.
- Hands-on experience leading a growing services organization.
- Proven track record of effective negotiation skills with measurable positive revenue outcomes.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- A passion for coaching and leading others to successful performance.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the above position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. This description is an outline of the major recurring responsibilities of the job. Other related job objectives, special assignments and less significant responsibilities typically performed by the incumbent are not included. To be considered, where permitted by applicable law, including any applicable reasonable accommodation, medical or religious exemption, candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine and be considered fully vaccinated by start date. Subject to change, for roles in Iselin, NJ employees currently work a hybrid schedule of Mondays and Fridays remotely and Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays in Iselin.