Reporting directly to the Principal of Stern, the Contract Specialist provides executive-level support to ensure smooth engagements, serving as a primary point of contact for internal and external partners on all contractual and logistical matters pertaining to speaking and advisory engagements for select speakers/thought leaders. The Contract Specialist also serves as a cross-functional team member, liaising with account executives, Stern management and leadership teams; and organizing and coordinating pertinent aspects of event contracts and special project oversight. Superior problem-solving and detail orientation and experience working within a deadline-driven environment that is mission and results driven is a must. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise excellent judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication; administrative, coordination, and organizational skills; and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities using excellent follow-through. The Contract Specialist will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to collaboratively coordinate a wide variety of activities.
- Ensures that the terms of contractual agreements are written in language that is legally binding and in accordance with the desires of Stern and the Speakers.
- Clearly explains contract terminology, technology requirements and other performance terms to Speakers, purchasers, and other interested parties in simple, everyday language to ensure a successful Speaker’s event.
- Manages contract life cycle edits, approvals and signatures; ensures the contract documents are accurate and well-maintained, and the contract review and approval process are efficient.
- Proofreads, edits, and finalizes contracts; successfully completes important aspects of deadline-driven deliverables with a hands-on approach, including reviewing signed event contracts for nature of deliverables and due dates, drafting correspondence when appropriate, and performing other tasks that facilitate the Speakers’ ability to successfully complete events.
- Assists Speakers and purchasers to fulfill contract terms by completing a broad variety of additional administrative tasks on behalf of Stern, including: managing an extremely active calendar of events; composing and preparing clear, concise and unambiguous correspondence; crafting and coordinating itineraries, and agendas; and coordinating documents for events and advisory projects.
- Expedites the overall booking and engagement logistical process and flow of activities. Identifies bottlenecks and works to unblock them.
- Coordinates with the Speakers’ external staff to ensure Speakers’ schedules are followed and respected. Works closely and effectively with Speakers to keep everyone well-informed of upcoming events and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the Speakers, with existing and prospective purchasers, co-workers, and Speakers’ external staff on all related matters necessary to ensure a problem-free speaking/advising program.
What we’re seeking in a successful candidate
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with Speakers, Stern staff, existing and prospective clients
- Project management/process management skills
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Juris Doctoral degree
- 2+ years of legal experience, preferably working directly with contract law
- Contracted events coordination experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), HubSpot and Adobe Acrobat
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the above position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. This description is an outline of the major recurring responsibilities of the job. Other related job objectives, special assignments and less significant responsibilities typically performed by the incumbent are not included. To be considered, where permitted by applicable law, including any applicable reasonable accommodation, medical or religious exemption, candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine and be considered fully vaccinated by start date. For roles in Iselin, NJ employees currently work a hybrid schedule with up to three required in-Iselin work days.
To apply: Click on “Easy Apply”, complete the 6 form fields and upload a single document resume and cover letter in either PDF or Word format.