PR Account Executive/Senior Account Executive, Supervisor
Are you looking for career growth opportunities without the hassle of the NYC commute? Ready to work hands-on in a B2B environment, for a mid-sized, central-NJ based-PR agency with a track record of more than 34 years telling the stories of some of the smartest business thinkers and leading-edge organizations in professional services, technology, education and healthcare, to name a few? Do you thrive in collaborative environments? Are you a media hound with panache for connecting the dots between headlines and others’ insights? Looking for a thoughtful and peaceful business environment? If so, you could be the right fit to join our talented team as we seek account executives, senior account executives and supervisors. Our PR Associates (Account Executives) and Supervisors are responsible for day-to-day client contact, developing strong and effective working relationships with clients, and creating content and press materials of the highest standards, using persuasive ideas for outreach to journalists and conference organizers. They work with team members and VPs to contribute to the strategic implementation of projects and programs using earned, owned, shared and paid media. Associates and supervisors effectively apply abstract thinking and reasoning to connect clients’ businesses, themes and goals with timely news topics and trends to generate effective news hooks, story angles and specific media, conference and/or marketing opportunities.
Successful candidates will:
- Provide ongoing, consistently high level of strategic results (media, conference/event placement, digital, etc.) as determined by client goals, by developing relationships and conducting outreach with key journalists and conference planners; identify and qualify opportunities
- Understand industry issues and competitive environments that directly and indirectly affect clients
- Stay current on worldly themes, news and events impacting clients’ and agency business
- Develop and write compelling content to support program implementation
- Prepare news releases, pitch letters, briefing documents, bylined articles, bios/profiles, etc.; contribute to development of newsletters, blogs, infographics, listicles, social media, videos, etc.; adapt style and voice to reflect client culture and industry
- Compose plans, memos, reports; contribute to program development
- Actively monitor and research to develop connections for clients and their audiences as well as for media/conference pitches
- Work regularly with clients and provide ongoing client counsel related to specific program activities; participate actively in client meetings and calls, keenly focused on providing excellent service and exceeding client expectations; establish strong rapport with clients and team
- Display the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage time in a consistent manner
- Communicate frequently and proactively with managers on each account/project, balancing workload between clients/projects within established deadlines and consistently meeting deadlines while adapting to shifting deadlines and priorities
- Regularly and proactively contribute new and strategic ideas for both account teams and the agency
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet, social media platforms, Cision; WordPress and Adobe InDesign a plus
- All candidates must possess at least 2 years’ experience in a similar capacity at an agency; B2B communications experience preferred
Commensurate with experience.
Medical with HSA, Life Insurance, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Dependent Care FSA, 401k and more.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the above position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. This description is an outline of the major recurring responsibilities of the job. Other related job objectives, special assignments and less significant responsibilities typically performed by the incumbent are not included.
Interested in this position? Send an email including your resume to: email@example.com
If you need help applying for this role during any phase of the application, interview, or employment process, please contact us and every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a timely manner