Speakers Account Executive Sales Agent
The Speakers Account Executive is a mid-level position at Stern Strategy Group within the Stern Speakers division which represents a roster of speakers whose work is a significant driver of worldwide innovation and global thinking. This non-commission, consultative sales position specifically develops and strengthens relationships between Speaker clients, and customers interested in engaging thought leaders for their events. The Account Executive must be results-oriented, self-motivated, and able to simultaneously manage transactions and advisory relationships. He or she must be able to demonstrate persuasive communications skills, and exhibit a strong sense of urgency to not only convert inbound leads into paid speaking engagements, but simultaneously drive and attract new business. The Speakers Account Executive must be organized and detail-oriented, as well as exercise discretion and independent, good judgment and professionalism to manage the relationship between the Stern Speakers division’s internal departments, its speakers, and customers seeking speaker services and advisory representation. This position provides tremendous growth potential and advancement and affords an opportunity to work with all our world-renowned speakers as we endeavor to generate engagements for them.
- Respond to companies, conferences, and associations (customers) inquiring about our speaker thought leaders for paid speaking engagements.
- Set up calls with inbound leads to learn about customer event(s) and specific needs and successfully match appropriate speakers to the event.
- Daily and actively prospect and make cold-calls to secure speaking engagements with new venues and new customers to grow our customer account base; identify and contact the appropriate professional(s) within the organization, and continuously work to proactively sell via inside and outside sales strategies.
- Clearly and accurately communicate our range of services (speaking and advisory representation) and our speakers’ knowledge and expertise, the fees associated with the speaker, and tactfully negotiate appropriate fees for the speaker or advisory services.
- Actively research potential customers, the marketplace, competition and trends.
- Conduct independent and frequent research to develop and exhibit deep and accurate knowledge of Stern’s speakers’ roster and each speakers’ subject matter expertise.
- Continuously use the CRM to accurately and diligently enter sales, speaker and customer information for tracking, reporting and follow-up; and maintain a comprehensive account follow-up calendar.
- Maintain speakers’ websites as necessary; propose updates as deemed necessary for speaker to achieve strategic goals and to drive business and interest
- Actively support the marketing team in business development efforts by coordinating pitch materials and align sales strategy with marketing initiatives and company goals.
- Travel to local speaker and client events and meetings as necessary.
- Prepare contractual documents for both domestic and international events.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in related field; MBA or JD a plus.
- 3 years’ experience in sales, preferably in a corporate office environment or event services company.
- Proficiency in Microsoft products (Word, Excel and Outlook) and CRM database (Hubspot).
- Experience using internet for research purposes.
- Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Interest in and knowledge of politics, world events, business and technology trends, and other areas in which Stern speakers hold expertise
- Industry experience preferred, but not mandatory.
- Must have access to reliable transportation to attend client meetings and other professional engagements, as appropriate.
- Possession of an affinity for details and quality, along with a sense of urgency and a proven ability to prioritize and multi-task in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment with impeccable interpersonal skills.
- Sales-savvy with a high level of comfortable cold-calling and a proactive and independent approach to work, including excellent research and creative problem-solving skills
ABOUT STERN SPEAKERS
The Speaker and Advisory division of Stern Strategy Group connects organizations with the top authorities and social change agents at the forefront of today’s most pressing issues and tomorrow’s trends.
Our exclusive roster features influential innovators, researchers, thinkers and doers who engage diverse audiences, stimulate provocative discussions, and inspire action to affect change and spur growth across a wide range of industries and disciplines.
Companies and organizations worldwide are hungry for expert guidance on and visionary insight into the forces shaping the future of business and welfare of the world.
READY TO KNOCK OUR SOCKS OFF?
Our future is bright and with us, so is your career. We’re excited to review your application!
Please submit your cover letter and resume
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Salary: Please note that although this is a sales position, it is not commission based. The company may, at its discretion, pay a merit bonus based on success in the role.
Benefits: Medical with HSA, Life Insurance, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Dependent Care FSA, 401k and more
If you need help applying for this role during any phase of the application, interview, or employment process, please contact us and every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a timely manner