The Writer/Content Specialist for Stern Speakers develops compelling written materials (articles, messaging/positioning, web content, newsletters, speakers’ bios, etc.), generate ideas and deliver results writing for a variety of formats. They also use experience and expertise to review the writings of others, make sound recommendations for changes and generally elevate the writing capabilities of the entire Speakers agency through thorough and accurate proofreading of the writing of others; and they play an ongoing role supporting the marketing functions for the Speakers Agency
- Develop strong understanding of the Speakers Agency business, its marketing strategy and the work and perspectives of its exclusive speakers’ roster, and reflect that knowledge effectively in compelling written materials that position speakers as subject matter experts
- Independently manage multiple writing projects and proofreading with speed and fluency while delivering accurate work on schedule
- Demonstrate ability to adapt writing style for a variety of formats long and short-form content, web copy, newsletters, etc.
- Independently research and develop original content, including but not limited to web copy, marketing content, pitch letters, etc.
- Participate in team brainstorming sessions, speaker calls and meetings, as needed
- Work collaboratively with the marketing team and account executives to position speakers effectively
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of content writing/development experience, and ability to create content for a variety of channels and platforms
- Experience writing and editing materials to meet a variety of communications needs across a breadth of subject areas
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the above position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. This description is an outline of the major recurring responsibilities of the job. Other related job objectives, special assignments and less significant responsibilities typically performed by the incumbent are not included.
ABOUT STERN SPEAKERS
The Speaker and Advisory division of Stern Strategy Group connects organizations with the top authorities and social change agents at the forefront of today’s most pressing issues and tomorrow’s trends.
Our exclusive roster features influential innovators, researchers, thinkers and doers who engage diverse audiences, stimulate provocative discussions, and inspire action to affect change and spur growth across a wide range of industries and disciplines.
Companies and organizations worldwide are hungry for expert guidance on and visionary insight into the forces shaping the future of business and welfare of the world.