There are two main types of cookies:
- Persistent cookies: these are stored on your computer between browsing sessions until they expire or are deleted. They allow our Services to remember your preferences and tailor services to you.
Certain pages on our Websites may contain “web beacons” (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). These web beacons allow third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies set by the third party.
An IP address is a unique identifier that certain electronic devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. When you visit our Websites, we may view the IP address of the device you use to connect to the internet. We use this information to determine the general physical location of the device and understand from what geographic region a Website visitor comes. We also may use this information to enhance our Websites.
We may use one or more of these technologies to gather information and statistics regarding use of our Websites. For example, we may collect aggregated information about page visits and navigation to determine what articles and topics are of greatest interest and if users are able to find content easily. We also use analytics and tracking information to generate various reports regarding use of our Websites. These reports contain aggregated information about users’ use of our Websites.
If you receive electronic mailings from us, we use technologies that track certain actions. We receive information that shows who opens our electronic mailings and whether links embedded in those mailings have been clicked on. This information helps us understand the effectiveness of the mailings and we may use the information to contact you about other events or services.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY ANALYTICS PROVIDERS
Some of the cookies we use are “analytical” cookies. Our analytics providers (Google Analytics and HubSpot) allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors use our Websites. We use this information to compile reports and to improve the way our Websites work, e.g., by making sure that users are finding what they need easily. The following types of information are collected by our analytics software:
- User’s location information, e.g., city, country/territory, continent.
- User’s behavior, e.g., whether the user is a new or returning visitor, the frequency of visits/date of last visit.
- User’s technology, e.g., operating system, network/service provider (ISP and network host).
- Mobile information, e.g. whether the user accessed our Websites via a mobile device and, if so, the type of device (brand, service provider, operating system and input selection method).
- Content viewed, e.g., pages, files, and directories clicked on; landing pages/exit pages and search words (if any) used on our Websites.
OPTING OUT OF COOKIES AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals to the websites with which the browser communicates. Our Websites do not currently recognize or respond to these signals.
If you would like to review more details about the specific cookies that are used in connection with our Websites, please contact us by sending an email with your request to email@example.com or submit your request in writing to us at: Joan Bosisio, Privacy Officer, Stern Strategy Group, 186 Wood Avenue South, Iselin, NJ 08830
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions about our information practices, please contact us by sending an email with your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at: Joan Bosisio, Privacy Officer, Stern Strategy Group, 186 Wood Avenue South, Iselin, NJ 08830.